"Get away from the crowd and enjoy Adatepe." Adatepe by Tdiver
Adatepe Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 57 photos
If your in the area, visiting Assos perhaps, then why not enjoy some peace and quiet here in Adatepe, surrounded by olive trees and staying in an old Greek stone cottage. The main hub of the village is the cafe under the huge plane tree, nice and shady on a hot afternoon. Chickens, sheep, goats, squirrels and i even saw a rabbit in the square, so you'll never be lonely.
If you arrived from the direction of Assos/ Ayvacik then you will have passed the Adatepe olive oil museum and shop in the town of Kucukkuyu and driving up the 4km road from there, through olive groves you can see that this is the main product of the local area and still very important.
Several places to stay and eat and drink in the village and the cobbled streets are not hard to navigate.
The old primary school in town now holds seminars in the summer on astronomy, photography and the like, alas the web page is only in Turkish.
Nice back-roads to stroll along and wind-down.
Zeus's Altar is a 10 minute walk from the village up through some pine trees and gives some great views over the Gulf of Edremit below.
It has some carved stone steps at one end and a cistern on top. Whether it was a temple is open to doubt.
It is said that the village is built upon the old city of Gargaron, mentioned in the Iliad but there doesn't seem much evidence of this.
- Pros:Quiet, peaceful and relaxing.
- Cons:Not that close to a major airport.
- In a nutshell:A great base to visit most local places of interest.
Nice little restaurant serving a few local dishes. Chickens and a duck also joined us while we were eating. Also sells... more travel advice
Just pleasant to while away a while, strolling the cobbled streets which you will also share with sheep, goats, dogs,... more travel advice
Tdiver's Related Pages
Adatepe Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Adatepe
- 8 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Adatepe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adatepe
Photos in AdatepeSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 334 reviews, 452 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 217 reviews, 358 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kas Intro, 42 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alacati Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalkan Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kesan Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Abingdon-on-Thames Intro, 48 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos
- London 39 reviews, 35 photos