Akyaka Things to Do Tips by Tdiver
Akyaka Things to Do: 7 reviews and 14 photos
A nice drive down south 30 mins to 1 hour max with the old road on your left in places.Follow the signs to Sedir island,not hard,and then catch the boat.Morning is probably calmer but rough it's not bad even in November with a cold wind as the boats can easily manage.Kedrai means cedar in Greek .The island is dissappointing with only 1 restaurant for services and with really only the beach Cleopatras' beach supposedly brought in on the orders of Marcus Antonius as a wedding gift for his bride and the amphitheatre the main highlights.This was an important port in older times but now not much remains.
The rivers start in Akyaka
Walk to the harbour and the first couple of boats do the river tour.An Autumn morning was not the best time but still 15 degrees warm and the slow cruise upstream and back for half an hour was all we could spare but worth it.The crystal clear water amongst the reed beds is amazing,you can see everything underwater.Several cafes and restaurants caught our eye also on the left bank.
Directions: The left side of town.
More Reviews (2)
Tdiver's Related Pages
Akyaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "mountains and the sea embracing lovingly"
- "AKYAKA-MUGLA - A PLACE TO LIVE"
- "Akyaka or "Gokova""
- "Quiet place with lots of flowers, like paradise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Akyaka
- Hotels in Akyaka
- Transportation in Akyaka
- Nightlife in Akyaka
- Restaurants in Akyaka
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grant Center Hotels
- Bassin Blanc Hotels
- Kampong Paya Rumput Hotels
- Herberstein Hotels
- Sungai Kolok
- La Morra
Badges & Stats in Akyaka
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Akyaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akyaka
Photos in AkyakaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 334 reviews, 452 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 217 reviews, 358 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kas Intro, 42 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alacati Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalkan Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kesan Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Abingdon-on-Thames Intro, 48 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos
- London 39 reviews, 35 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (17)
Latest Akyaka hotel reviews
- Yucelen Hotel Gokova
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013