"Worth a visit." Izmir by Tdiver
Izmir Travel Guide: 452 reviews and 1,277 photos
3rd biggest city in Turkey and 2nd biggest port.Was called Smyrna.
If you can see past the urban sprawl and traffic then it has some little gems to surprise you with.
The old centre just off of Fevzipasa Bulvari called Kemer Alti has lots of cafes and shops tucked in between the old buildingsThe Kizlaragasi Hani is a covered bazaar,a tad smaller than Istanbul!The sea front is lovely to stroll along and Konak Meydani with it's old clock tower and mosque are well worth a photo or two.If you keep walking south and west not too far then you can get a good view of the bay from the Asansor.
Izmir has a great web pages listing everything of course they're in Turkish but also in English.Here below are a few of the more important pages.
Izmir tourism site,also in German :-
- Pros:Nice old town.
- Cons:Like all big cities,traffic.
- In a nutshell:Well worth some time.
Affords you a good view of the bay with the added bonus of 2 cafe/bars and restaurant at the top to take in that... more travel advice
Nice area to walk around as it's pedestrianised.The old clock tower built in 1901 and the small mosque with some lovely... more travel advice
Tdiver's Related Pages
Izmir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pearl of the Aegean sea"
- "IZMIR , The Holy Land Which is 5000 years old..."
- ""The Beautiful Smirna""
- "IZMIR (SMYRNA)"
- "Foreign Izmir..."
- "Izmir - Konak"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Izmir
- Hotels in Izmir
- Transportation in Izmir
- Nightlife in Izmir
- Restaurants in Izmir
- Shopping in Izmir
- Warnings and Dangers in Izmir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Izmir
- 12 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Izmir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Izmir
Photos in IzmirSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 334 reviews, 452 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 217 reviews, 358 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kas Intro, 42 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alacati Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalkan Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kesan Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Abingdon-on-Thames Intro, 48 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos
- London 39 reviews, 35 photos