"Boutique Kalkan" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalkan by Tdiver
Kalkan Travel Guide: 152 reviews and 390 photos
Nestled in a quiet little bay,Kalkan is still a sleepy place with azure water and close enough to nearby historical sites to make it a great base to explore from.Because the harbour is small you are never going to get much more action in town,which makes it allure even greater if you just want to relax and unwind.The most popular of the quayside cafes seems to be the Lighthouse.Situated next to the lighthouse its shady tables and position with a slight breeze cooling you down,make it a good place to read the daily papers.The town beach is next door so nothing is ever too far.
Unfortunately recent building of new villas and a new road into town from the NW have seen it expand and a new bus station on the outskirts has made just getting off your bus and strolling into town a thing of the past but the centre is still as good as it ever was.
- Cons:1 hr 45 mins from Dalaman airport
- In a nutshell:Sleepy
You could walk past Kalkan market and never know it's there. Fish, fruit and vegetables. more travel advice
Doesn't look much from outside but very nice inside. Really friendly with a nice atmosphere. Free pool table and a... more travel advice
Tdiver's Related Pages
Kalkan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kalkan and Environs"
- "Boutique Kalkan"
- "Kalkan - a mix of Greek and Turkish features"
- "Kalkan - Kekova - Kas"
- "wonderful kalkan 2012 update"
- "a really charming place,gate to xanthos and letoon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalkan
- Hotels in Kalkan
- Transportation in Kalkan
- Nightlife in Kalkan
- Restaurants in Kalkan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kalkan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalkan
- 31 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Kalkan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalkan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 334 reviews, 452 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 217 reviews, 358 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kas Intro, 42 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alacati Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalkan Intro, 31 reviews, 125 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kesan Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos, 7 travelogues
- Abingdon-on-Thames Intro, 48 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amasya Intro, 23 reviews, 52 photos
- London 39 reviews, 35 photos