"Welcome to the jungle" Top 5 Page for this destination Papua New Guinea by Mark_24

Papua New Guinea Travel Guide: 529 reviews and 1,042 photos

I spent what felt like a very short 7 months, working and living in Port Moresby. I enjoyed my stay here!
Port Moresby has a reputation of being a crime plagued city. There is a high crime rate in Port Moresby and it is important to remain vigilant whilst you're there.

There is a good side to Port Moresby. Great restaurants, friendly people and an interesting culture. PNG is still a largely undescovered land.

I miss the place and I'm looking forward to going back there sometime to catch up with some of the best mates I've ever made

• Pros:Good restaurants, a good, developing nightlife, good hotels, Great diving nearby.
  • Cons:Corrupt goverernment, untrustworthy police force, high crime rate, not safe to walk in the street, carjackings are increasing, settlements continue to grow larger, HIV is spreading fast, terrible gun control.
  • Last visit to Papua New Guinea: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 19, 2005

• Oct 29, 2006 at 7:45 PM

Spot on mate. The place is a winner. These RSL types, stories keep us in the hotel people are waiting to die. Live a bit!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2005 at 9:38 PM

Ricardo, a fantastic page on your recent adventures in Port Moresby!! It is nice to find out how things are these days - sad though they may be! Security was a bit of a problem in my time too, but nothing like today.

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Papua New Guinea

Have you been to Papua New Guinea?

Latest Activity in Papua New Guinea