"Nauru" Nauru by Mark_24

Nauru Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 46 photos

What can I say about Nauru......Well it's a tiny Island in the pacific. It would have to be one of the smallest countries in the world! In a car, doing about 50kmh, it will take you about 15 minutes to drive completely around the coast to where you started!

It's not a tourist destination. You would most likely have a specific reason to come to Nauru. There's a very peaceful, relaxed atmosphere to Nauru. The locals are friendly and extremely laid back.

When you're driving or walking about, the locals will acknowledge you by nodding their head upwards rather then down. There's a nack to it, you'll get plenty of practice!

• Pros:Good fishing, relaxed atmosphere, friendly people!
  • Cons:Corrupt government, Can get very hot, power cut outs are common, low quality restaurants and shopping facilities, Island occasionally runs out of fuel, major lack of entertainment.
  • In a nutshell:Unless you have a specific reason to go to Nauru, then you may want to seriously re-think your holiday destination.
  • Last visit to Nauru: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 19, 2005

• Dec 30, 2005 at 6:27 AM

hello, I am really interested in getting information on Nauru. I'm really happy I saw your page. Please reply to my email address (rami.assaf@gmail.com) so that I send you my questions. Thank you a lot.

Ranked Member