"Atlantic City, New Jersey" Top 5 Page for this destination Atlantic City by penumbra

Atlantic City Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 978 photos

Always Turned On

This is where the game of Monopoly was invented. Yes, they’ve built hotels along Boardwalk, Park Place and all your other favorite avenues. These days, the hotels are homes to giant casinos second only to Las Vegas in their number and size. The Boardwalk is four and half miles long and in additions to the hotel casinos has restaurants, stores and entertainment for the family. Extending out into the surf are piers with even more games and stores.

And then there’s the beach. Once the main reason for coming to Atlantic City, the beach was eclipsed in recent years by the arrival of the casinos. Now, the beach has been renovated and people are again coming to Atlantic City simply to enjoy the beach.

• Last visit to Atlantic City: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2007

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Looking forward to my visit here in October. Great page with lots of tips! Gillybob greetings

• Ritaroni's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 5:28 PM

When I lived in NJ as a teenager, I went to Atlantic City, walked the board walk and bought salt water taffy. Your pages brought back some memories although it definitely isn't the same.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 6:34 AM

Don't know if I'll ever visit A.C. while I don't gamble, but I enjoyed your lively style of writing while reading your tips. Thanks for visiting my Liège page.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 7:09 PM

Great page! Atlantic City, Philly and Concordville are right in my backyard!

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 10:55 PM

A wonderful page, with splendid images and very interesting descriptions! This place is an important destination for all travellers. I thank you for the visiting of my Vienna page. Best wishes from Vienna! Gabriela

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 4:10 AM

The theme restaurants along the Boardwalk are truly awesome!

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2005 at 2:33 AM

Hi from Japan :-) Thank you very much for your comment on our page. Boardwalk looks exciting. It looks like a festival to my eyes :-) Good photos!

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2005 at 11:56 AM

I wish i checked out your Atlantic City page before i went there last month. I probably woulda had more fun, but im sure i woulda lost the same in the casinos.. haha.. Thanks for cruzin by my Hawaii page, Yes luau's are the best!!

• Sep 16, 2005 at 9:28 AM

thanks for visiting my homepages, and you make atlantic city look like so much fun thru your pics and descriptions, very nice, cheers

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2005 at 8:45 PM

A wonderful page on Atlantic City!..and thanks for visiting my New Jersey pages!

penumbra

“Passport, Money, Tickets”

Badges & Stats in Atlantic City

Have you been to Atlantic City?

Friends