"My first city in Ukraine!" Chernihiv by xxgirasolexx
Chernihiv Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 114 photos
Chernihiv, an economic and cultural hub, is a city located in northern Ukraine. It is the capital of Chernihiv Oblast. Located about 130 km northeast of Kiev and approximately 30 miles from Chernobyl, it is right on the northern bank of the river Desna. Chernihiv, also known as Chernigov, has many industries. Some of these industries include factories producing socks, construction materials, textiles, macaroni, and beer. There are also many technical schools, a teacher training institute, three museums, and a philharmonic orchestra. Chernihiv is one of the oldest cities in Ukraine and has a population of around 300,000 people. There are beautiful parks and medieval fortifications in Chernihiv, as well as churches and monasteries dating from the 11th and 12th centuries.
- Pros:The city is big enough that you won't get bored, but small enough, so you don't get lost!
- Cons:Museums are very condensed and have very few English speaking tour guides.
- In a nutshell:Ya ne mogu zhit' bez tebya.
xxgirasolexx's Related Pages
Chernihiv Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chernihiv - Ancient town in Northern Ukraine"
- "My lovely Chernihiv!"
- "Lovely Chernigiv"
- "My first city in Ukraine!"
- "CrazyPony's new Chernihiv Page"
- "Great Churches off the beaten path"
- "Beautiful city near Desna river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chernihiv
- Hotels in Chernihiv
- Transportation in Chernihiv
- Nightlife in Chernihiv
- Restaurants in Chernihiv
- Shopping in Chernihiv
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chernihiv
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Chernihiv?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chernihiv
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Kiev Intro, 21 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Texas Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Capri Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos