"Zaoksky: Tula, Russia" Tula by xxgirasolexx
Tula Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 98 photos
Located approximately 90 minutes south of Moscow is the town of Zaoksky located in the Tula region. The actual city of Tula is an industrial city and in 1999 was estimated to have a population of 509,600. Tula is located on the river Upa and was first mentioned in 1146. During the 18th century, Tula opened the first samovar factory and it is rumored that the world's largest samovar can be seen here. Close by is Yasnaya Polyana, the estate (now a museum) and burial place of Lev Tolstoy.
- Pros:The area I visited was in the middle of the forest, very green, peaceful, beautiful!
- Cons:Many police checkpoints between Moscow and Tula.
- In a nutshell:A great way to spend a day outside of Moscow!
xxgirasolexx's Related Pages
Tula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming old russian town near Moscow"
- "Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'"
- "Zaoksky: Tula, Russia"
- "Tula samovars"
- "Russian Switzerland"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tula
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tula
Photos in TulaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos
- Kiev Intro, 21 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Texas Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Capri Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos