Beijing Things to Do Tips by HispanicYob
Beijing Things to Do: 2,700 reviews and 5,680 photos
My favorite shot I got of the square
One of the biggest gathering places and the biggest public square in the world. Tiananmen Square is located in the center of Beijing and the Communist influence is strong here. From the guards in their long olive green peacoats wandering around to the building with Chairman Mao's picture. If you pay a visit at night, be wary since they might kick you out after a certain time. I think it was after 6 PM when we were whisked out of there by the guards. A ceremony had just taken place and me and another friend were walking around taking snapshots when they told us to go to the exit located to the northeast of the square. Don't mess around with those guards and do what they say. A Chinese jail isn't the best place to spend your holiday I'm sure. I enjoyed my brief visit here and wish I could've stayed here longer. It's awesome in the early evening. If you come in March like I did, bundle up because it's COLD!!!!!!!
Directions: In the very center of Beijing
More Reviews (4)
HispanicYob's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (17)
- Forbidden City - The Palace Museum- 476 Reviews, 1,003 Photos
- Summer Palace- 308 Reviews, 614 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Mutianyu- 89 Reviews, 236 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 220 Reviews, 469 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 157 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Badaling- 112 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 65 Reviews, 150 Photos
- Great Wall of China- 96 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Beihai Park- 100 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Ming Tombs- 80 Reviews, 182 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do