"True Mexico" Progreso by HispanicYob
Progreso Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 95 photos
Well, it's self explanatory. This town isn't mean to be eye candy, unlike lost of Mexican cities and ports along the coasts of Mexico. It feels exactly like how Mexico should be.....sleepy, hot and secluded. Located in the state of Yucatan, Progreso doesn't offer all those snazzy Diamonds International jewelry stops you see all over the Caribbean for the gringoes to purchase jewlery or easily accessible paths. Mazes of streets and alleyways and a great view of the beach is what you'll get when you come here.
Don't hate on this place just because it's not London or Rio de Janeiro. Progreso's still a charming place. You can find lots of nice deals and stuff if you look hard enough.
But yes, don't be the typical American and ride this place off as another dirty Mexican town. Appreciate this place for more than what it is.
From what I've heard, Progreso's the only place in the world that has a 6.5 km pier. From what I know, you're not allowed to walk on it like you would a regular pier. There's buses that take you back and forth to the cruise ship docks.
- Pros:The beachfront and great restaurants
- In a nutshell:Doesn't try to please, it's just Mexico and it's most sincere!
HispanicYob's Related Pages
Progreso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Progreso Town - Yucatan"
- "Progreso -- Life at the Beach"
- "Progreso still has a way to go"
- "True Mexico"
- "My freaky streaky place!"
- "Puerto Progreso - malecon, playa y puerto."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Progreso
- Hotels in Progreso
- Transportation in Progreso
- Nightlife in Progreso
- Restaurants in Progreso
- Shopping in Progreso
- Warnings and Dangers in Progreso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Progreso
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Progreso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Progreso
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue