"Home of the best tacos!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Peñasco by HispanicYob

Puerto Peñasco Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 297 photos

Tacos?

There's an interesting story why I say it's "Home of the Best Tacos". We went out clubbing our first night there and we were so drunk we were really hungry. We found this stand near the bar that sold some of the best tacos ever! We scarved those down and man, things taste better when you're drunk. These were great!

Getting there is half the fun!

From Tuscon, Arizona, it's about 2-3 hours drive. From there border I think it was about an hour and a half or so (we went really fast). This picture here is of the border town we went through to get into Mexico ond on our way there. The drive won't impress you as the town isn't that great, naturally. After you leave the town it's nothing but arid desert until you reach Puerto Penasco. The highway from the border should take you straight there and you'll know once you're there, since you'll start seeing billboards advertising reality and beachfront properties.

Avoid the spring break rush!

We went in July so there's not THAT much people. I mean it's still pretty crowded but I'm sure for seasons like Spring Break it's overwhelming. Kick back and relax and soak in the sun here. It's plenty hot in summer. Hot and sticky. Bring plenty of sunscreen to protect your skin. There's nothing better then sharing a vacation with friends. We had a blast!

• Last visit to Puerto Peñasco: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2007

Comments

Badges & Stats in Puerto Peñasco

Have you been to Puerto Peñasco?

Latest Activity in Puerto Peñasco