"Where Canada's Wilderness begins" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert by HispanicYob
Prince Rupert Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 129 photos
Well, what can I say. There's not much to do in this small Canadian town. Located in British Columbia before you get into Alaska, Prince Rupert looks like a typical midwestern town back in the States. However, it is where Canada's wilderness begins. There's plenty of eagles here in town. Although I found it to be quite expensive around town.
There's nothing about Prince Rupert that makes it stand out. As beautiful as the surrounding wilderness is, don't expect it to be as action packed as other parts of the Inside Passage. I was fine visiting here since our cruise ship left Prince Rupert rather early and I was there to hang out and shop around.
The Cow Bay area is rather pricey for souvenirs and other things. I spent a lot of money in this port. Smiley's is a good restaurant to kick back in. The nearby trees are home to lots of eagles, since there's a cannery close by. Cow Bay offers a great view of the waterfront. Just don't expect much other than that.
- Pros:Great scenery, lots of eagles and Tim Horton's
- Cons:Pricey around some parts of town, not much to do
- In a nutshell:Don't expect too much, just enjoy
Zeller's is a deparment store along the lines of Wal-Mart and K-Mart. There's nothing out of the ordinary about it and... more travel advice
HispanicYob's Related Pages
Prince Rupert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area"
- "Prince Rupert"
- "Prince Rupert and Cow Bay"
- "Wild West Coast"
- "Where Canada's Wilderness begins"
- "Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary"
- "A wander around Prince Rupert's Cow Bay area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Rupert
- Hotels in Prince Rupert
- Transportation in Prince Rupert
- Restaurants in Prince Rupert
- Shopping in Prince Rupert
- Warnings and Dangers in Prince Rupert
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Rupert
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Prince Rupert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Rupert
Photos in Prince RupertSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue