"A Weekend in Los Angeles" Los Angeles by HispanicYob

Los Angeles Travel Guide: 4,431 reviews and 8,952 photos

I decided, on a wild hair, to make a visit to Los Angeles in September of 2010. I know two people there from my time on ships, Stephanie and Carlos and it was the perfect excuse to escape New Mexico for a weekend. My friend Stephanie graciously gave me shelter in her apartment in Silver Lake. And she and my friend Carlos took me all over town and showed me some of the sights they loved.

Grateful

I'm grateful that my time on ships led me to some great people. The more people I know, the bigger my world is, as someone once said. I thank you Stephanie and Carlos for being tour guides and helping me. I will come back again one day, and we will tear it up!

Hoping to see a star??

You can, on the Walk of Fame, and possibly elsewhere! On my excursion to Hollywood one afternoon, I caught sight of George Lopez interviewing people off the street for his show. I just watched from afar, I don't think I would've liked to be on TV. He didn't seem to be too approachable, if you were to meet him off camera. Maybe it was the heat, because it was hot this day!

Who knows, maybe you'll catch sight of Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Daniel Gillies, Ryan Gosling, Kiera Knightley or any actor/actress/musician!

• Pros:Being in the company of my ship pals, great bars and eats, variety of things to do
  • Cons:Saturated with tourists, some areas overrated like Hollywood, pricey
  • In a nutshell:Greatful for great tour guides and pals to help me on my way, I wouldn't have enjoyed LA as much without them!
  • Last visit to Los Angeles: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2012

Comments

Badges & Stats in Los Angeles

Have you been to Los Angeles?

Latest Activity in Los Angeles