"The capital of the North" Juneau by HispanicYob
Juneau Travel Guide: 362 reviews and 881 photos
Well, at least that's how the locals have put it. Truly there's no roads leading in and out of Alaska's capital city. The only roads that exist are around town and on Douglas Island. This port has proven really popular with the cruise ship industry (I should know, I work on ships as of writing this).
This much is true. Despite it being a fairly modern town, Juneau isn't far at all from some great excursions. Half of the excursions I've done this summer of 2006 took place in Juneau. You can whale watch, hike near Medenhall Glacier, or go ziplining!
This is the perfect port...as I've said...for tons of reasons. If you're a crewmember of the cruise ships you can get GOOD discounts and some of the shops in town. You just have to ask around.
Man, it's hard to describe Alaska in general, especially a city like Juneau. To come here is to get a feel modern feel of Alaska.
- Pros:Surrounded by wilderness, not far from hiking,fishing,etc
- Cons:Can't think of any
- In a nutshell:No, there's no polar bears here!
When you zipline here in Juneau, you do it on Douglas Island on the other side of the city. There's a boat that takes... more travel advice
All right, for regular passengers to go up the Mount Roberts Tram, it's $23.95, but again, being a crewmember onboard... more travel advice
HispanicYob's Related Pages
Juneau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Independent Traveler's Guide to Juneau"
- "Juneau in Summer"
- "Juneau - Home of the Mendenhall Glacier."
- "Alaska Cruise - Juneau First Port Of Call"
- "Big State, Little Capitol"
- "Cruise Stop: Juneau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Juneau
- Hotels in Juneau
- Transportation in Juneau
- Nightlife in Juneau
- Restaurants in Juneau
- Shopping in Juneau
- Warnings and Dangers in Juneau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Juneau
- 8 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Juneau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Juneau
Photos in JuneauSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Albuquerque Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Skagway Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue