"Not Just Inhabited by Penguins!" Stanley by HispanicYob
Stanley Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 135 photos
Welcome to the Falkland Islands. A part of South America quite a lot of people don't get to go to. Consider yourself lucky when you come here. A territory of the UK after a battle in the 80's with Argentina, the Falklands are located to the east of Argentina in what seems like it's the middle of nowhere. You feel isolated from the world in a place like this. Stanley is pretty much the captial of these islands and the most populated town. There were some who were born and bred here, and wouldn't live anywhere else.
I learned an interesting fact, it's actually impossible for Argentine people to come here! Due to the war and all Argentines can't set foot here. There are reminders around the islands that are scattered about from the struggles that took place here. From a stop at the cemetery to the various signs warning of mines. The people here seem to take pride in their island and you should take care to absorb it all while you can. For the huge travel seeker, you might run out of things to do quickly if you have big expectations. But if you come here for simple pleasures and some penguins, you've come to the right place.
- Pros:Gypsy Cove, nothing is too far away, the beauty surrounding the town
- Cons:The unpredicatable weather, can be expensive
Of course, everyone who comes to Stanley or the Falklands in general knows about the landmines still existing in various... more travel advice
HispanicYob's Related Pages
Stanley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stanley - Capital of the Falklands"
- "Sharrie's Stanley Souvenirs"
- "THE BIG TOWN"
- "Fascinating Port in the South Atlantic"
- "Little Slice of Britian"
- "Not Just Inhabited by Penguins!"
- "Stanley, Falkland Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stanley
- Hotels in Stanley
- Transportation in Stanley
- Nightlife in Stanley
- Shopping in Stanley
- Warnings and Dangers in Stanley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stanley
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Stanley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stanley
Photos in StanleySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Toronto Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue