"My Heart Belongs To Rio" Rio de Janeiro by HispanicYob
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,628 reviews and 6,543 photos
Welcome to Rio! Wow! What an amazing place! I loved it here and now wish I could live here. Despite my lack of Portuguese! The city itself is crazy! As one fellow traveler here at my hostel put it, it's a city basically in the middle of the jungle. You're surrounded by mountains and green everywhere! Words can't describe my longing to get back to Rio one day again. It was my first time in Brazil and I had a good experience! Be aware, the locals speak Portuguese. It's rare that you'll find English-speaking ones unless it's a tour guide or a member of hotel staff. Cariocas do appreciate it though when you at least try to speak a bit of the language, but be prepared for a Brazilian Portuguese reply when you're done. The city has SO much to offer that I feel that my 8 days in Rio should've been at least 15. I can't wait to go back again one day so I can relive it all over again! I miss you Rio! Thanks for a great vacation!
....Rio offers quite a lot in a beautiful and natural setting. Naturally the South Zone is probably where you will stay and there's something going on in every neighborhood if you look hard enough, especially during Carnaval! There's lot of little visual gems to Rio that some people overlook. Make sure you see past the picture and open your eyes to Rio! You'll be pleasantly surprised!
You know, on my last day in Rio, I was kind of sad. I was leaving a great place. I came during Carnaval 2008 and it was an amazing experience! Although next time I come to Rio it'll be during a time when there's less tourists so I can truly enjoy it even more then I did the first time! Which isn't to say I didn't enjoy my first time here, BECAUSE I DID AND I LOVED IT! But I figure, another visit during the off-season will suit me better. Either way, Rio is amazing. I loved it. And I'm sure you will as well. Please, don't believe the movies you see and the things you here. Come try it for yourself. That is not to say that there's no danger here because like in every big city, THERE ALWAYS IS THAT DANGER. Just like anywhere, exercise caution and you'll be good. I made it out okay. :) I had friends with me though so that also helped me. Peace out! Enjoy Rio! I know I did!
- Pros:The natural beauty surrounding the city, cheap bargains if you know where to look, the adventurous excurisons to be had, the food and the people
- Cons:Having to leave
- In a nutshell:Rio had me in it's alluring grasp, so much so that I feel enticed to go back again one day!
Look no further then the "Real Bus"! For R$6,50 you can take a Real bus and save you some reais if you were to travel in... more travel advice
Carioca Expedition! This tour lasts from 10:00 AM to about 4:00 PM. A good way to kill a day. It's about R$65,00 for the... more travel advice
- See All Currency Exchange
- See All Personal Possessions and Rio
- Brazilian Mall
HispanicYob's Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 23 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
- Posted in Travel Tunisia Forum "Re: Passport trouble "
- Wrote a Review Currency Exchange in Rio de Janeiro Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to Rio de Janeiro
- Uploaded a Photo to "Carioca Expedition"
- updated a Rio de Janeiro Travel Page "My Heart Belongs To Rio"
- Commented on one of RafaelTheSecond's Rio de Janeiro travel pages
Photos in Rio de JaneiroSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Skagway Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Juneau Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (17)
Latest Rio de Janeiro hotel reviews
- Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Best Western Rio Copa Hotel
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Marina Palace
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Fasano Hotel
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Merlin Copacabana Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Mar Ipanema
- 346 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Orla Copacabana Hotel
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Savoy Othon
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Ibiza Copacabana Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Pousada Arambare
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Toledo Copacabana Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2012
- Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Ipanema Beach House
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- B&B Yaya Rio Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 25, 2010
- Cama e Cafe
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2013