"Back to Thailand and it feels so good!!!*" bluebug's Profile

Settled for a few years in Phuket.

Quite possibly the best place I've ever lived in my whole life is here in Phuket, Thailand. I'd been traveling for the past year with my boyfriend all over SE Asia. We came to Phuket last year and after spending all of our money traveling we decided to stop in Phuket and make some money. However, we've found a lovely neighborhood near the beach that we don't want to move from. And someone gave us a dog that we are completely in love with, so we're not going anywhere and we're totally happy with that!

Taoist Vegetarian festival,Phuket

Right now I'm living my dream of travelling all of SE Asia. Life is an adventure everyday and a living classroom. I can't complain!

Starting September 20th 2007

Ranong-1 day
Bangkok-1 week
Sukothai-3 days
Chiang Mai-2 weeks
Pai-3 weeks. then it was a 7 hour ride to the Laos border and a six hour speed boat ride down the Mekong river with a broken leg to:
LAOS

Sihanoukville

THAILAND
Bangkok
Koh PhangNan
Phuket-settling here for now.

Hmmm.

I love VT. I love to read people's experiences and how they view the world. I grew up in 2 small towns, both that were very different from each other. Now I live in a city that's a very popular tourist destination. However, I'm still facinated with small towns particularily in different countries.
Sometimes I'll get into my car and just drive out of my city for hours exploring the smaller towns surrounding my home. There is so much diversity in the area that surrounds my home. From the bustling city, to sand dunes and beaches where sea elephants sleep. From dairy farms and waterfalls to endless vineyards and great redwood forests. When I travel I love to explore and stop whenever I want. I love to pick a spot on the map that no one has ever heard of and go there.
I love VT because there are people here just like me who go to these unpoplular places and have awesome experiences and I truly love reading about them and discovering new secrets.

Cooking

Besides travelling, cooking is my other love. I share this love with my mother who is the worlds' best Filipina cook. And not just Filipino food she cooks everything equally as yummmmmmy But I must give myself some credit for throwing down some good eats as well. It's something I have lots of fun doing while travelling. I get excited by going to a local market in another country and experimenting with all the new and unusual ingredients.

When I'm not glued to my computer screen or traveling the globe, I enjoy hanging out at museums, humane zoos, or other "hands on" learning facilities. One of my favorites is the California Science Academy/Steinhardt Aquarium. This is where I like to chill with my favorite seabass. It's about 6feet long and every time I approach the glass it swims over to me and hangs out until I leave. I love that thing! Speaking of fish I love to cook! This is another thing you can catch me doing at home or even on the road when the opportunity presents itself. Things that I've found I love to do on the road is: Sewing or making clothes out of the ones I already have, but that I'm sick of wearing. Playing card games like gin rummi, ***head, and ***. haha! why do all the good games have such bad names?! And like most travelers I'm addicted to taking pictures.

I don't care

Kids are hilarious, they always want their photo taken.

My backpack

left San Francisco with entirely way to many things in my backpack for this journey. I've taken to leaving piles of clothes and other misc. items in various guest houses. This is what I've narrowed down to have in my backpack:
-headlamp
-earplugs-eyemask
mosquito repellent- this is special home made blend of, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, citronella oil, tea tree oil, and Avons Skin So Soft. This concoction also keeps away fleas, ticks, and bed bugs.
soap
coconut oil
conditioner
sunscreen
toothbrush,toothpaste,a small btl of hydrogen peroxide(makes excellent mouthwash)
a sleeping mat
raincoat
a day pack
an army shoulder bag
The Lonely Planet on a Shoestring Budget
Hiking shoes
flip flops
my clothes:
one pair of denim shorts that use nearly every day
one pair of convertable pants
7 shirts
2 bathing suits
2 bras
3 pairs of REI's "13 countries,30 days" underwear.- totally not sexy but totally practical!
3 different colored nylon cinch bags-one for my clothes, one for my toiletries, and one for the sleeping mat. This keeps my bag tidy and easy to find things.

%c*

• Intro Updated Dec 18, 2008

• Stine620's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2012 at 5:13 AM

You really have cool page:)

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Wow! What a cool page!

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hahaha... I love how you hate realistic dolls but a hairless rat? ...That's A-okay! Very well written. :)

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Zan, wishing you a wonderful birthday today. Having a cocktail party at Les Anges tonight if you'd like to join in. You could meet my new dog! T xx

• ROCKARIA's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Hi Zan..wishing you all the very best on this special day are you still in Phuket??? Anyway.. ..HAPPY BIRTHDAY....take good care ; ) hugs xx

• Justin_goa's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Belated Greetings from Goa, India!!

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Happy Birthday Zan! Best wishes.

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Happy Birthday Zan and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit for the Euromeeting. It will be fun with vteers from all over. Hope you can come.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Hi Zan,--nice to hear from you in the misc forum--my husband Rex & I travelling too.Our son has just returned from a 3 month trip throughout SE Asia & loved it.Love your backpack list.Regards Dorrise

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2008 at 3:17 AM

Greetings from Greece. I too love to cook and would love to learn which is your favorite recipe for pork. Enjoy your life in Phuket. Janet

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bluebug's Profile Photo

bluebug

“"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb." — Edna St. Vincent Millay”

Real Name