"Twillingate" Twillingate by bocmaxima
Twillingate Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos
There's some magical about Newfoundland in the first place, but something really special about just the names involved in this region, particularly: New World Island & Twillingate. As if they were pulled straight from a novel.
I couldn't resist the pull that the names offered, and made it my western-most stop on my week-long Newfoundland adventure. I'm very glad I came. It's hard to say what the best part of that solo trip was (it was all great), but sitting above the sea watching the sunset over distant icebergs was definitely a highlight.
Twillingate is touristy by Newfoundland standards. This means that there are multiple restaurants, shops and inns. It is not touristy like the tacky Gatlinburg, Manitou Springs or Branson of the US, but it's not quite as down-to-earth and "real" as other Newfoundland towns you'll find.
It's still a great town.
There's a short season here so, when I came in June, things hadn't quite picked up yet. But most of the shops, restaurants, inns and even the wineries were open. Most everything is walkable as the town is hilly, but very small. Traffic is light so, even though sidewalks are few, it's not a big deal.
- Pros:Gorgeous, lots of icebergs and puffins
- Cons:Touristy for NL standards, out of the way
- In a nutshell:Newfoundland splendor
bocmaxima's Related Pages
Twillingate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cabana Boy's Twillingate Page"
- "MY HOMETOWN"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Twillingate
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Twillingate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Twillingate
Photos in TwillingateSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 43 reviews, 12 photos
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Phoenix 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Omaha Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Albuquerque 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Socorro Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos