"Gateway to Olympic National Park...and more" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles by bocmaxima
Port Angeles Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 76 photos
As a kid, I can remember distinctly reading somewhere that Port Angeles, Washington was intended to become the next great city. A New York on the West Coast. However, the railroad never reached the town and it never received the throngs of immigrants that Seattle saw.
This works to the benefit of the visitor though, as Port Angeles is still a beautiful, but still somewhat undiscovered town. This originally attracted me to the town, and it became a quest to eventually visit, which was finally realized in November of 2006.
Surrounded by Olympic National Park to the south, it has become a base point for those visiting the park, but also a layover spot for those wishing to go on to Victoria, BC, just across the San Juan de Fuca on a frequent auto ferry.
When I visited, I stayed Downtown (very much recommended) atop a small diner and across the street from what turned out to be an excellent bar and restaurant. In spite of the drizzle, I walked along the harbor for a while, admiring the public art the town had invested in and the beautiful, rocky seashore.
- Pros:Still undiscovered, easy access to Olympic National Park
- In a nutshell:Friendly, beautiful, but often overlooked
Although a bit of a drive, a local suggested this as something to do while I was in Port Angeles (although I was... more travel advice
I saw it on the map and had to check it out. Dungeness is a little bay village due north of Sequim and northeast of Port... more travel advice
bocmaxima's Related Pages
Port Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Olympic National Park...and more"
- "Port Angeles, Washington"
- "Gateway to Olympic National Park"
- "At the Foot of the Olympics"
- "Port Angeles"
- "Gateway to the Olympics"
- "Cool town near the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Angeles
- Hotels in Port Angeles
- Transportation in Port Angeles
- Nightlife in Port Angeles
- Restaurants in Port Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Angeles
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Port Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Angeles
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 43 reviews, 12 photos
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Phoenix 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Omaha Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Albuquerque 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Socorro Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos