"Baltimore Randomly" Baltimore by bocmaxima
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,261 reviews and 3,624 photos
Baltimore is like many major American cities in that it has a much smaller population than it once did. The flight of former residents to the suburbs and the break-ups of previously dynamic and close-knit communities first resulted in crime and blight, but has now brought a renaissance of sorts to the city, as younger generations come in and bring new life to these areas through investment and hope. Baltimore is full of these neighborhoods, and I was lucky enough to be able to explore the city in October 2011.
I came mainly for a concert (Explosions in the Sky + The Antlers) but was excited to just come because of the prospect of visiting of the few major North American cities I haven't visited.
- Pros:Beautiful, historic, pocket neighborhoods
- Cons:Crime issues, bad weather
- In a nutshell:Easily one of the top non-traditional tourist destination cities
bocmaxima's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "THE VT INVASION OF BALTIMORE - YIKES!"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (123)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 43 reviews, 12 photos
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Phoenix 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Omaha Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Angeles Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Albuquerque 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Cleveland Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Socorro Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos