"a great place to visit, a quirky place to live" Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson by bocmaxima

Tucson Travel Guide: 953 reviews and 2,189 photos

desert bloom

Tucson, like most cities in America's Sunbelt, has grown dramatically over the past few decades, spreading out into what was once desolate desert or irrigated farmland, and pushing nature further out in the name of progress.
Luckily, the Tucson has many developmental barriers in the way of county, state and federal lands which have alotted a significant amount of natural, open land very near to the city.

• Last visit to Tucson: Oct 2005
  • Intro Written Oct 20, 2005

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Tucson is my favorite place in the Southwest. Beautiful landscapes and many options to hike. Well, it is one of the few places I have forgotten to put up on VT :( Take care, Christian.

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2008 at 12:41 AM

Thanks for your helpful tips in detail!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM

When I hear the name Tucson I first think of old cowboy movies. You have written some interesting tips. Gives me a better picture than just the old movies.

• Feb 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM

This is one of the best pizza's I have eaten. Reminds me of Ray's pizza in Manhattan. Can't wait to eat there again.

• Oct 18, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Thanks for your Tucson tips! I will be there during the first week of November 2007 and these should help!

• Jul 21, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Hello COLIN! I love the way you write your tips. Very descriptive and helpful. Your Tucson tips are really good! I am still busy reading your other pages. Have a nice day!...............;bell

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 1:12 PM

Very helpful restaurant tips. I have relatives in Tucson but haven't been there in awhile. When I do go I'll be checking this page!

• susanpingu's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 9:33 PM

Interesting details and great tips. Love your Tucson page!

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 5:37 AM

Very good tips, specially on your hotels and restaurants. Enjoy Wyoming, our favorite state!

• May 4, 2006 at 1:44 PM

Thanks for your take on the Arizona State Fair; you're right, there's so much else to do!

bocmaxima Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Tucson