"One of Indonesia's top destination for divers." Bandanaira by aj03
Bandanaira Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 95 photos
Bandanaira or often dubbed as Banda Neira is the capital of Banda Islands. In this charming little Island where I stayed are full of old Dutch houses and fortresses, despite their isolation. This was the center of the nutmeg trade in the 16th century, when the spice was worth more than its weight in gold. I came to Banda to wandering around aimlessly with my rented bicycled, admiring the old history that stood still. But I also came for Banda's underwater. Clear crystal water, amazing corral formation. The variety and numbers of fish are excellent. The Banda Island are one of Indonesia's top destination for divers.
Indonesia’s Banda Island has plentiful world class scuba dive sites and superlative snorkeling. Yet, the hassle and remoteness keep the historically fascinating picturesque islands as a best keeps secret among divers. When you are tired with over-dive crowded places, Banda gives you marine life overload to your eyes only. All hassle to reach Banda was truly paid off
- Pros:The Island's beauty worth of trouble
- Cons:Very much a region off the beaten track and tourist facilities remain largely undeveloped.
- In a nutshell:One of Indonesia's top destination for divers.
If you have extra money you can always rented speedboat. One medium boat for 10-15 people can be rented for 25 million... more travel advice
Banda Island isolated because there is no reliable and frequent transportation. Merpati airlines "supposedly" fly every... more travel advice
aj03's Related Pages
Bandanaira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banda Islands - Snorkelling Paradise"
- "One of Indonesia's top destination for divers."
- "Bandaneira: The Capital of the Banda Islands"
- ">> cerita sekeping halua "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandanaira
- Hotels in Bandanaira
- Transportation in Bandanaira
- Restaurants in Bandanaira
- Shopping in Bandanaira
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bandanaira
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bandanaira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandanaira
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ambon Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Oia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Sabang Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Meulaboh Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Dubai Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Makassar Intro, 3 reviews
- London Intro, 2 photos