Jersey Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Jasen71 Top 5 Page for this destination
Jersey Warnings and Dangers: 10 reviews and 6 photos
HMP La Moye
Jersey is a well-policed Island (Police State), however as in any place in the modern world drugs do exist. However, any drug offence is taken extremely seriously. There are no warning signs at the departure points all around the UK or the sea ports on the continent concerning the situation of drugs in Jersey, as there are extremely harsh sentences for possessing drugs, let alone trafficking. It's really is not a wise idea to have anything to do with drugs, as you can expect a very tough sentence if apprehended - after a recent court case in which a person was imprisoned for many years for trafficking a small quantity of cannabis, it was suggested that the ports and seaports should have warning notices.
This may be implemented or it may not, but remember if there are no notices at your airport when you leave for Jersey, it is illegal and the sentences are going to get much harsher. You have been warned.
For nearly five years, Jersey was under German Nazi rule and, along with the rest of the Channel Islands, it was the only part of Great Britain to be occupied during World War II.
The Channel Islands was one of the most heavily defended parts of Hitler's Atlantic Wall and he personally ordered the islands to be turned into fortresses, and to be defended to the last man. Hence Jersey was the last place the Nazis surrended. Liberation came the day after VE day.
It proved to be so difficult to get rid of the many concrete bunkers after the war, that they are still dotted around the coast. Many have been buried or welded shut. However many kids and even adults break in and enter these underground tombs in the vain search for helmets and equipment which is long gone. It has been know for persons to pass out, suffocate and even die due to the bad air in the tunnels and bunkers.
More Reviews (59)
- See All Bouley Bay
- See All Affordable Countryside Guest House
- See All Horses on the Beach
- See All Harvest of the Sea
- See All Le Pinacle! The Romans was here!?
Jasen71's Related Pages
Jersey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "9X5 The Rock"
- "More than just a rock ...."
- "Jersey come rain or shine"
- "WELCOME TO MY CHANNEL ISLAND OF JERSEY PAGE...:-)"
- "My Jersey Page"
- "Jersey CI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jersey
- Hotels in Jersey
- Transportation in Jersey
- Nightlife in Jersey
- Restaurants in Jersey
- Shopping in Jersey
- Warnings and Dangers in Jersey
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gauribidanur Hotels
- Lipno nad Vltavou
- Cox's Bazar Hotels
- Nizhegorodskaya Oblast'
- Provincia de Guanacaste Hotels
- Kalimpong Hotels
- Simferopol Warnings and Dangers
- Sweden Warnings and Dangers
- Florianópolis Warnings and Dangers
- Geelong Warnings and Dangers
- Driving S.F.
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Warnings and Dangers
- Novi Sad Warnings and Dangers
- Kissimmee Warnings and Dangers
- Oswiecim Warnings and Dangers
- Bahir Dar Warnings and Dangers
- Lloret de Mar Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Jersey
- 61 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Jersey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jersey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey Intro, 61 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sevastopol' Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Skopje Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Kutna Hora Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaporizhzhya Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedlec (Bone Church) Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Kiev Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos