"ANTICA PIEVE DI VERDETO/ANCIENT PARISH OF VERDETO" Verdeto by Laserone
Verdeto Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 10 photos
The Ancient Parish of Verdeto is a church dating back to the Romanesque-Gothic times and lies on the hilltops of Agazzano (Piacenza).
The first documents stating its existance date back to 1123, but its foundation is said to be at least 100 years older. In 1123 the Bishop Arduino had made a gift to the Cathedral of Piacenza. On July 15, 1132, an act of Pope Innocent II listed eight churches and the Church of Verdeto among the assets of the Cathedral of Piacenza, exempting it from payment of tithes because the revenues of the Church of Verdeto were since then very modest.
In the mid-eighteenth century the church was completely rebuilt: the altar was decorated with polychrome marble and the coverage of the roof and the walls of the presbytery were refursbished.
The frescoes of exceptional workmanship are said to be crafted by artists of the Bibiena. A few perspectives are to be found, that are actually quite rare in the entire area.
- Pros:cosy, lively, meditative, great outdoors
- Cons:foggy in the fall,
Laserone's Related Pages
Verdeto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANTICA PIEVE DI VERDETO/ANCIENT PARISH OF VERDETO"
- Create a Verdeto Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Verdeto
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Verdeto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verdeto
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tires Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verdeto Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piacenza Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Parma Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vigoleno Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos