"Home of the Blues & Birthplace of Rock 'n Roll" Top 5 Page for this destination Memphis by myrtle

Memphis Travel Guide: 706 reviews and 1,598 photos

Located on the Mississippi River, Memphis, Tennessee borders Arkansas just west of the river and Mississippi to our south. Not only known for the world's best barbecue, Memphis also has a really great musical background that is sure to be evident when you are in town. I hope to share a little more local flavor about Memphis to help you decide what to see & do should you decide to come & check us out.

• Pros:Great nightlife & great live music
  • Cons:High crime rate
  • In a nutshell:More than just the home of Elvis & Graceland
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2005

• Aug 26, 2008 at 7:06 AM

I am looking to take my little brother and son horseback riding this coming weekend in Shelby Farms. I have never riden a horse. What should I expect?

• Elle.J's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 4:55 AM

WOO! I'm heading to Memphis for a few days during my trip to the States next year! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

• sweetheart519's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Great page on Memphis! We're taking our 7 year old son (a big Elvis fan) to see Graceland in July. Thanks for the info on other things to do in Memphis. :-)

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 7:46 AM

Thanks for some great tips on Memphis! ('c',) Helen

• Feb 13, 2006 at 9:52 AM

very interesting information and tips. enjoyed reading your pages. Thank you Jenny

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 8:05 PM

Hi Melissa. Sure enjoyed your pages about Memphis. Very good tips, especially the Wonders Exhibit in the Pyramid. Marcia

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 4:13 PM

Excellent pages. 5-star barbecue tips (memphis is my fave style). Great job, thanks for sharing. (uh... thankyuverymuch)

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 11:20 PM

Interesting and informative tips from another Memphian. I must check out the shooters menu at RP Tracks! :-) Is that the old Buntyn Cafe? ~Elaine~

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2004 at 4:49 PM

great page!

• crazy_vietgirl2's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 4:29 PM

Celebrating New Year in a different city sounds like a cool tradition. I'm sure there is way to make it work even when the funds are low. Just wanted to stop by and wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY-cheers Van

myrtle Lives Here!

myrtle

“Keep an open mind”

Badges & Stats in Memphis

Have you been to Memphis?

Latest Activity in Memphis