"Myrtle's Homepage" myrtle's Profile
I first got bit by the travel bug when I decided to study abroad in France. I was a French major in college, so I figured the best way to learn the language was to live there & be forced to use it on a daily basis. It definitely helped. I made some good friends while studying in France. We travelled together throughout Western Europe, and upon my return home I couldn't wait to get back out there to see what else the world had to offer.
I have since returned for a 3 month long backpacking trip with my best friend to see more of Western Europe. There's still plenty to see the next time I go.
I was born & raised in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. I didn't realize how much I love this place until I left it for several months when I studied abroad. When I came home I realized I didn't have very many pictures of Memphis, so a friend & I went around town taking pictures of the city. We captured this great view of the Mississippi River, the bridge, and the Pyramid in downtown Memphis as the sun was setting. This picture was taken from Tom Lee Park.
Every year since we discovered this beautiful beach town my family has travelled here. I can't imagine a summer in my life going by without getting to go to Destin, Florida. Check out my Destin page for more on why I love this beautiful destination.
My friends & I have gotten in the habit of celebrating the New Year in a different city every year. We did manage to maintain this tradition this year by going to Nashville, Tennessee. I'll try to post some pictures from that trip soon. In the meantime, here we are ringing in the New Year last year in Times Square.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 317 Reviews
- 367 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- myrtle and Goin2nantes are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Driving to Chambord &..."
- Commented on stable_mountain's profile page
- updated a Athens Travel Page "Ancient Greece"
- Wrote a Review A great outdoor cafe about Ydria in Athens Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "A great outdoor cafe"
updated their Profile Page "Myrtle's Homepage"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Memphis Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Destin Intro, 35 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nantes Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos
- Boston Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Greater London Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos