"Whangarei - Two hours from Auckland" Whangarei by skyangel_k1
Whangarei Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 86 photos
Whangarei has a quaint little jetty and an area called The Basin at the waterfront. It offers cafes and souvenir craft shops. There is a museum at the Basin as well.
The mural at the museum depicts the story of time, from the beginning of time to the current age.
Along Whangarei there are also ancient kauri shops selling items from table tops to clocks, trays, coasters, all made from ancient kauri wood.
All along the roads, it is not uncommon to find wild flowers growing. Often you may see fields of wild flowers in myriad colours. On beaches, you can see beach daisies, or mists of pink flowers for miles.
Most people stop at Whangarei before heading up further north to the Bay of Islands or beyond.
- Pros:Simple - what you see is what you get
- In a nutshell:Good day trip or stopover
skyangel_k1's Related Pages
Whangarei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Kind of Town!"
- "Northland's Capital."
- "tutukaka, whangarei (coast line )"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whangarei
- Hotels in Whangarei
- Transportation in Whangarei
- Nightlife in Whangarei
- Restaurants in Whangarei
- Shopping in Whangarei
- Warnings and Dangers in Whangarei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whangarei
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Whangarei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whangarei
Top 10 Pages
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 27 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hornsby Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stanwell Park Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Whakapapa Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Dargaville Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 photos
- Auckland Intro, 3 photos
- Tasik Cini Intro, 3 photos
- Ashfield Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Whangarei Intro, 2 photos