"Waitara - Small but impactful" Waitara by skyangel_k1

Waitara Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 0 photos

The place where I work out - Millenium Gym

I've been going to the Millenium Gym at Waitara for about 3 months now. I registered with the objective of getting fit, but in doing so, many things have happened. I am fitter now. But the great thing is that I also used this gym to train for my upcoming trip to Mt Kinabalu in Malaysia. The gym is fully equipped with a weights and cardio area, a span and sauna, an indoor rock climbing room and a boxing circuit room. I joined up wit this gym because they had a lot of sessions to offer besides the static machines - they had a good range of boxercise, pilates, body balance, combat, rpm, pump and other exciting programs to cater to all levels and times to suit as well. And because I joined up for a year, I got a monthly fitness assessment to check my heart rate, stamina, blood pressure, fat loss, etc.

When I was training for my Mt Kinabalu climb, I got myself a personal trainer once every fortnight. He gave me the motivation I needed. Not only that, he had a variety of programs and exercises that would suit the challenges I had ahead of me. The programs were varied and never boring.

Three cheers for Mark McCabe, whether I make it or not on top of the summit.

The place I go after a workout - Urban Retreat

This place is strategically located next to the gym. Whilst they are open, there is often a sign board which says 'We are in the process of relaxing right now' and a time is shown when they will be free to take any consultations.

Urban Retreat offers a variety of massage and beauty treatments so you can pamper yourself or unknot those tired stressed muscles after a day at work or at the gym. It is located on Alexander Parade, just moments from the Waitara train station. I had a back massage and it was bliss.........just ask for Hannah.

Yummy charcoal chicken with chicken salt

I found this shop just outside the train station. It serves charcoal chicken which is grilled chicken. These shops are a dime a dozen and almost every suburb has them, but this one is a gem. The chicken here is moist and juicy and the chips are freshly made and stay crispy.

The girl working there is very generous with the chicken salt (ask for it!!). I know it may not be the healthiest, but often I go for a good gym workout and then overdose myself with chicken and chicken salted chips as a treat.

They also serve salads, burgers, chicken wings (another great one) and portuguese chicken.

• Pros:Balanced - gym, massage and food
  • Cons:None unless you want more variety
  • In a nutshell:Local enjoyment, a great day out
  • Last visit to Waitara: Dec 2004
  • Intro Written Jul 5, 2005

Comments

skyangel_k1

“Go global, live local”

Badges & Stats in Waitara

Have you been to Waitara?

Latest Activity in Waitara