"Home, sweet home" Top 5 Page for this destination Samara by Sweet_Marina

Samara Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 89 photos

The welcoming neighbourhood of Samara is always ready to attract you and offer a pleasant experience od rest, relaxation and enjoyment :)
One of the best and easiest trips you can have within a couple of hours and for reasonable price is going to the other bank of the Volga (Samara is on the left bank) by boat (there are all kinds of them, from very tiny and funny ones to extremely large and gorgeous).

The Volga river, the embankment, the beach, the green, he waters... It will all capture your heart within the first two seconds!

Samara is my native city and I actually love it very much. It may have lots of dust and garbage in the streets, architecture not always well designed, bad roads and unhealthy street markets but there are places there which are extremely beautiful and just as impressive as many famous tourist sites and they do mean a lot to me.

• Intro Updated Oct 13, 2012

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Nice page Marina , I had never heard of Stalins bunker !

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I have been researching this area and Tol'yatti. It looks interesting and has so much history in the region. Maybe someday we could travel to here.

• Grazina's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Streets and other cities in the U.S. are just the same so don't worry I think we will love to see your beautiful native city.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2008 at 7:05 AM

Great tips and photos. Thanks for sharing your insights on this fascinating city on the Volga River. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2007 at 4:11 AM

Like your pictures here.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Z dnom razdenja to you in Samara, Marina. I wish you a wonderful day with lots of presents and attentions! Greetings from NL, Paul

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2005 at 2:12 PM

very interesting to read about Stalin's bunker.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 4:54 PM

I just had a very brief glimpse of Samara while travelling on the Volga, but would really like to come back one day

• 2-day's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 5:25 PM

Samara.. sounds wondeful. love to see more of your city. please

• flyingkiwi's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 5:05 AM

I like that remark on your Samara page. Beauty is not always obvious but it surrounds us wherever we may be.

Sweet_Marina Used To Live Here!

Sweet_Marina

“Feel the scenery with your heart”

Badges & Stats in Samara