"Old Citadel" Entrevaux by Sweet_Marina
Entrevaux Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 39 photos
When you are going along the highway from Nice up to the mountains you can't miss this very historic and peculiar place. Stop and look at it.
The best view is from the road in front of it that leads more up the mountains.
But of course it is worth visiting and watching inside. It's very special to imagine real people living, working, serving, being imprisoned there... It doesn't need much imagination to imagine the whole picture. Just see it!
I must warn you it IS really hard to reach the top of it, espicially in the sunny day, but first, it gives you the chance to feel the history with you r own body, and second, the view on top is so picturesque you will be amazed and happy you have reached the top at last! Don't forget to walk around the top rooms and look out of every window -- each of them offeres a unique view!
I also liked the Gothic Cathedral very much. There is the mystery and light that only ancient churches posses.
At the entrence there is the small town, shops and cafes.
- Pros:Beautiful and historic
When you go to visit Entravoux, dont forget to wear good walking shoes -- the road is stone, and wearing high heeled... more travel advice
Sweet_Marina's Related Pages
Entrevaux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic Entrevaux - Worth the trip"
- "Old Citadel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Entrevaux
- Hotels in Entrevaux
- Transportation in Entrevaux
- Shopping in Entrevaux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Entrevaux
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Entrevaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Entrevaux
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Turkey Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samara Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Moscow Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Kazan' Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Ufa Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Entrevaux Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos
- San Diego Intro, 3 photos
- Nice Intro, 3 photos