Cancún Transportation Tips by gipper84 Top 5 Page for this destination

Cancún Transportation: 164 reviews and 93 photos

Cancun Airport International - Cancún
Cancun Airport International Flying to-from Review

Cancun airport is one of the more interesting airports I have flown into and out of. The runway first off is in deperate need of repairs, because as you come down you can feel every bump in the runway on the way down. Next when you get off the flight rather than a terminal to walk through, you get off the plane outside and hop onto a shuttle which takes you to the airport where you then go through customs. The airport on the inside is pretty nice. The airport has a good number of shops, restaurants, and a few lounges to hang out in. I thought the airport was on the same par as maybe Richmond which is slowly going through a remodeling process. Cancun airport needs a good little deal of fixing up, but it gets the job done. Going through customs there is hell though, because they have very little A.C. and cram hundreds of people into a very tiny line that just zipzags everywhich way. Customs is definetly an experience you won't forget, especially if your neighbor has reached the 25th hour of his deodorant. Don't ask, bad memory.

Type: Airplane

• Written Jul 4, 2005
Carriage Rides around the resort - Cancún
Carriage Rides around the resort

The carriage ride around the resort is really nice. You get a chance to tour the entire resort in the comfort of a horse drawn carriage. I love carriage rides so I of course enjoyed this. I would recommend this for newly weds, or couples down for a vacation. This can be a really romantic experience during the evening hours, or just a trip around the resort with a bunch of good friends during the afternoon. Either way this is something that is fun, and not to pricy on the wallet.

• Written Jul 4, 2005
Shuttle from the airport - Cancún
Shuttle from the airport Taxi's Review

It is really helpful to have a shuttle pre-booked before you get to the airport in Cancun. One of the craziest things I have ever seen is coming out of the Cancun Airport, we were baraged by about 100 different people offering us shuttles to our moon palace. At first I almost took one of their offers not even realizing that we had one already booked. David's dad quickly stopped me, and we moved on to our actual shuttle. One last tip for you, is to make sure you tip the driver $1 per piece of luggage that he loads onto the shuttle.

Renting in Cancun - Cancún
Renting in Cancun Rent a Car Review

Renting a car in Cancun is actually a really good thing to do if you are down there for a week or more. It provides convience to and from destinations that tour buses usually travel to, because with a car you are not stuck with their designed itenerary, and you can go when you want, and leave that particular place when you want. The price is not bad at all, it is actually quite reasonable. David's dad rented one for our trip to Tulum and Xel Ha. We also used the car to go to Playa Del Carmen. Using the car cut down time, and ended up being quite useful. The photo I provided was not of the our actual car, I still need to get that from David's dad.( so this will have to do for now) Sorry!

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Updated Jun 28, 2005
Palace Resort Buses - Cancún
Palace Resort Buses Buses Review

The palace resort buses are really nice, and are very spacious. They are very helpful because they take you to specific locations in Hotel Zone and elsewhere. The only problem with the Resort bus is that is only goes to a certain number of locations, and it runs on time intervals of 4 hours. So for example if you board at 9am then your pickup time is 1pm. They actually give you a ticket and you must meet back where you were dropped off at that particular time. We used this bus to go to La Isla Mall, and it dropped us off at the Beach Palace. This was the most luxurious transportation vehicle of all the ones we used in Cancun.

Type: Bus

Interesting ride through Cancun - Cancún
Interesting ride through Cancun Buses Review

The normal buses running through Cancun are quite run down, and kind of have an odor to them. They are quite cheap though, and will get you anywhere you can imagine in the main part of hotel zone, or the port of Cancun. If you don't have a ride and need a cheap and quick way to get around I would recommend this. However, if you have any other alternative you would be best to use it. We had to use this to get to a resort where our normal tour bus was going to pick us up. Overall not a bad experience but one that I wouldn't have cried had I not experienced it

Type: Bus

• Written Jun 28, 2005
The golf cart is to the left in this photo. - Cancún

The golf cart is to the left in this photo.

Golf Carts

Getting around the moon palace is quite easy with the help of a trusted golf cart. Every morning I got up David and I called for a golf cart, and that took us all around the resort. We rode those to the pool, to the restaurants, and to the main lobby where most of the stuff is located. The drivers were really nice, and they loved to talk to you in Spanish. It was really nice talking to them and just getting to know them. We had the same driver most of the time. There were about 20 golf carts on the resort total taking all the guests to different points on the resort.

gipper84

“"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terr”

Badges & Stats in Cancún