"Paradise in the Carribean" Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún by gipper84

Cancún Travel Guide: 1,959 reviews and 3,926 photos

Memories from Cancun

Cancun is one of the nicest places you could ever go. I recommend that everyone once in their lifetime, take the time to visit Cancun. The weather here is beautiful and stays at like an average of 82 or 83 degrees. In the summer the temperature can get really hott, and the sun down there is like none other. You can definetly get burned quickly as one of my friends did.
The place to be in Cancun, is definetly Hotel Zone. I provided a photo, as you can tell. Hotel Zone is just jumping with energy and has so much to offer, that is almost blows your mind. There are tons of nightclubs, like Irish pubs, and even good ole Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. Shopping is also a must do in this area. There are a wide variety of malls with tons of stores, both Mexican brand, and American brand. I visited Flamingo Plaza, and Isla Mall. These two places were great. Hotel Zone also is home to some of the nicest resorts you will ever lay eyes on. I found it neat just driving up the strip one day and looking at all the amazing designs of all the different resorts. Some are shaped like pyramids or towers. They are all so mind boggling.
Another cool thing about Cancun is the ancient place to visit. Do not go to Cancun and leave without visiting Tulum and Chitchen Itza. They are just 2 of the best places to go in Cancun. You will find the prettiest beach in all of Cancun located at Tulum.
Overall, my trip to Cancun was one I will never forget. This trip came about after a long degree of planning between my friend David and I. His parents set up all the flights and resort, and me and David just picked the destinations. I loved Cancun so much, that the day it was time to leave, I contemplated just staying. It is a remarkable place to go with friends because you just thoroughly enjoy yourself, and have no pressure to do anything. The whole week I didn't wear a watch or carry my cellphone. I just did what I wanted, when I wanted and it was paradise. I met alot of nice people down there and came back with a good group of new friends located all over the world.

• Pros:Beaches, Nightclubs, Shopping malls, basically everything is at your fingertip
  • Cons:Telephones (the calling cards were quite expensive and the resort had a cell phone jammer)
  • In a nutshell:Great Place to go with friends and just enjoy yourself!
  • Last visit to Cancún: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2005

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2006 at 7:51 AM

I'm headed out there next week, thanks for the tips.

• jumanuel's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 6:53 AM

Hey - How are you doing? I love your tips, specialy the nightlife once - party is great, isn't it! Cheers & thanx for sharing - JM

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 4:16 PM

Excellent tips, so informative!! The Moon Palace looks fabulous - I am currently looking for somewhere to stay in Mexico for this time next year. Thanks for your help! Marion.

• Pimilan's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 6:19 AM

Grat tips of Cancun !

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 12:02 PM

very good page mate. great sports and nightlife tips.

• kid-keith's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 8:33 AM

cancun looks very nice might go there in the near future, great pages dude.

• La_Holandesa's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2006 at 5:01 PM

Great pages here Lee! Is it a good honeymoon destination? or too crowded or touristic? love water activities too! happy travelz Anita

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 8:55 PM

Looks like a fantastic holiday location. What sort of prices did you pay for the water activities? How much was swimming with the dolphins?

• Gligoroff's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 2:21 AM

You have a very useful pages here.. detailed, with nice pics..great..Regards Gligor

• vivek_gowda's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2005 at 6:36 AM

Wow i liked very much XEL HA

gipper84

“"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terr”

Badges & Stats in Cancún