Richmond Hotel Tips by gipper84 Top 5 Page for this destination
Richmond Hotels: 14,372 reviews and 35 photos
The Jefferson is by far the nicest hotel in Richmond. It was built in the late 1890's and has survived a century or more. On our day trip Nat and I made sure we made a stop in this must see hotel. The Jefferson Hotel has housed people like FDR, Ronald Reagan, Bruce Willis, and other famous presidents, actors, and high affluent members of society. It is world class service at its best. The rooms are the most luxourious rooms you will find in many hotels. It is very spacious, but with the space comes the price. The dining area is phenomenal. It is rated 5 stars and is only one of its kind in all of Richmond. The service blows you away from the entrance, to the checkin, to the bell hops and room service. The hotel offers a tons of amenties including an amazing pool, that is like no other, and everything else you could possibly need. The main lobby is full of history , which only helps add to the appreciation you walk away with about the hotel. It is by far the nicest hotel, and a must see even if you are not staying there.
Unique Qualities: The most unique quality is the grand staircase which you must see. It is just breathtaking. Walking down those steps reminds me of when Doug Wilder the nation's first black governor was elected and walked down those same stairs for his gubernatorial inaguration party. It is histoy alive and well and just captivates you like nothing you could ever imagine.
Address: Franklin And Adams Street
Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (47)
- See All Museum of the Confederacy
- See All Richmond's only Filipino restaurant
- See All Lebanese Festival
- See All Bogey's
- See All Childhood Favorite
gipper84's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Richmond, VA"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO NAT (b1bob on VT)"
- "richmond, virginia"
- "Revolutionary and Civil War History"
- "Richmond (A city of diverse history)"
- "A wonderful walk through Richmond"
- "The Rise and Fall and Rise of Richmond"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 48 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
Photos in RichmondSee All Photos (66)
Read real reviews about Richmond Hotels!
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 48 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 46 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luray Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- United States of America 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Canal Walk- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Capitol Square- 39 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Hollywood Cemetery- 12 Reviews, 19 Photos
- White House of the Confederacy- 6 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Monument Avenue- 10 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Old City Hall- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Museum of the Confederacy- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Maymont Park- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Richmond's Main Street Train Station- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
- American Civil War Museum at Historic Tredegar- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
See All Richmond Things to Do