"The Ole Dominion" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia by gipper84
Virginia Travel Guide: 7,538 reviews and 17,972 photos
Virginia is my home and I love it. Nothing bothers me more than people from other states and countries passing through and assuming Virginia is only a series of exits and rest areas on Interstate 95 as they go back and forth between Florida and New York. I build this page to show the real beauty of Virginia off its beaten path. The small towns have their own charm and special sense of history. I am interested in architecture and that which I have seen in the smaller towns is more impressive, a lot of times, than in the bigger cities. That is why the intro photo is a collage of small town courthouses. I like to shop for antiques and it is surprising how stores in small towns offer rare finds for a low price. Virginia is a state rich in history and most towns I have been to and cover here have played at least a small role in the Revolutionary War, the War Between the States, or the Civil Rights Movement. The cities of Virginia are important, but I cover them on a stand-alone page, but this page is reserved for Virginia's little-known treasures.
- Pros:Lots of history, beautiful landscape, great restaurants, tons of attractions
- Cons:traffic can be bad on the interstates, and watch out for city taxes
- In a nutshell:The Best Well Kept Secret of the South
All American is a truck stop in Doswell, Virginia Nat and I had a late supper here on July 4, 2005 just before watching... more travel advice
Riverfest is a celebration the town of Tappahannock and Essex County holds every year to celebrate life on the river. I... more travel advice
gipper84's Related Pages
Virginia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob personally carries you back to Ol' Virginny"
- "Virginia is for lovers!"
- "VIRGINIA's northwestern region off the beaten path"
- "Welcome to VIRGINA"
- "The Ole Dominion"
- "Welcome to our Virginia page!"
- "Coming Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Virginia
- Hotels in Virginia
- Transportation in Virginia
- Nightlife in Virginia
- Restaurants in Virginia
- Shopping in Virginia
- Warnings and Dangers in Virginia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Virginia
- 111 Reviews
- 181 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Virginia
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 48 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cancún Intro, 46 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 24 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luray Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- United States of America 13 reviews, 13 photos