Haworth Shopping Tips by kzngirl Top 5 Page for this destination
Haworth Shopping: 13 reviews and 13 photos
Old fashioned sweetshop
There is a lovely sweet shop right near The Old White Lion pub in the centre of the village. Once again, another little find in the village that makes you feel as though you have stepped back in time: Mrs Beighton's Sweet Shop.
The walls are lined with see-through jars of multi-coloured sweets…Mouth watering treats abound in this little nook off the Main Street. You can imagine the Famous Five and Secret Seven of Enid Blyton’s imagination buying their gobstoppers and ginger beer from just such a place!
A lovely place in which to peep your head in search of sweets from yester-year.
Directions: Mrs Beighton's Sweet Shop is to the left of The Old White Lion...just at the top of Main Street, passed the Rose & Co. Apothecary.
Phone: 01535 642524
Theme: Food and Drink
The Rose & Co Apothecary
A delightful shop in which to loose yourself for half an hour! This old fashioned chemist is filled with ointments and lotions from times gone by…using old fashioned packaging soaps and lotions are bottled and wrapped making delightful presents. There is also a small alcove at the back of the shop selling gorgeous materials and lace. I highly recommend you pop into this shop as you pass through the village. It makes you forget which century you are in!
What to buy: This place is a treasure trove of treats! There are rows upon rows of ointments and bath treats and odds and ends in their old fashioned packaging...bath products, make-up, old fashioned sweets, lace curtains, zambuc! It is facinating to wander around and see what you can find hidden amongst the shelves.
What to pay: The shop is not cheap, but you can buy some nice Christmas presents or birthday treats from there that are quite unique and very different.
Address: 84 Main Street, Haworth, BD22 8DP
Phone: +4 4 ( 0 ) 1 5 3 5 6 4 6 8 3 0
Theme: Bath and Beauty
More Reviews (11)
kzngirl's Related Pages
Haworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haworth - Victorian heritage on view"
- "Bronte Country"
- "Haworth A step back in time!"
- "Haworth not Howarth!"
- "Haworth - West Yorkshire"
- "THE VILLAGE OF HAWORTH"
- "Home of the Brontës"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haworth
- Hotels in Haworth
- Transportation in Haworth
- Restaurants in Haworth
- Shopping in Haworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Haworth
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Dalhousie Hotels
- Maldives Hotels
- Carcar Hotels
- Puerto Vallarta Hotels
- Hong Kong
- Ho Chi Minh City
Badges & Stats in Haworth
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Haworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haworth
Photos in HaworthSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hluhluwe Game Reserve Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Durban Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fivizzano Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bagshot Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haworth Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ripon Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Umkomaas Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos