"Bronte Country" Top 5 Page for this destination Haworth by kzngirl
Haworth Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 288 photos
We left early Friday morning, slipping into a steady stream of North-bound traffic, shrouded in a yellow haze. It wasn’t long before the haze turned into a steady drizzle. We crept along - queue after queue – winding our way along the motorway.
A word to the wise: any travelling you intend to do (by road) in the UK on a Friday, will almost always be accompanied by heavy queues and long delays. Fore warned is fore prepared! Add a couple of hours on your AA road map estimate before you set out, at least that will cut down on any disappointment you may suffer hours later, still struggling to your destination.
Haworth is situated in West Yorkshire, nestled in a dip of two hills. It is a village mostly made famous by its former residents: the Bronte family. Haworth was a former wool-manufacturing village and you can still see the factory chimneys today.
The village retains its old world charm and quaintness with tiny narrow roads and alleyways, stone built houses and tiny little shops…the cobbled roads, while playing havoc on heels, almost invite one to step back in time.
Outwards and upwards – the Yorkshire Moors spread out on either side. Muted burgundy, yellow and faded green blend together – a haunting combination made only more so by the cries of ravens as they dive and swirl in the skies above the moors.
Click here to visit Haworth's local website
Click here to visit the official Bronte Website
- Pros:Very well-preserved English town
- Cons:Lots of tourists!
- In a nutshell:Neat and tidy - a quintessential Victorian village.
I was impressed at the number of restaurants that line the Main Street of Haworth. We certainly didn't have time to give... more travel advice
While the cobbled streets are delightful to look at, they play havoc on careless walkers! I saw a couple of people trip... more travel advice
kzngirl's Related Pages
Haworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haworth - Victorian heritage on view"
- "Bronte Country"
- "Haworth A step back in time!"
- "Haworth not Howarth!"
- "THE VILLAGE OF HAWORTH"
- "Haworth - West Yorkshire"
- "Home of the Brontës"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haworth
- Hotels in Haworth
- Transportation in Haworth
- Restaurants in Haworth
- Shopping in Haworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Haworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haworth
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Haworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haworth
Photos in HaworthSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hluhluwe Game Reserve Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Durban Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fivizzano Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bagshot Intro, 2 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haworth Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ripon Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Umkomaas Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos