"Swinton Park" Ripon by kzngirl

Ripon Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 202 photos

A fairytale castle

I have had the privilege of staying in many grand hotels over the past few years. Adrian’s work has taken him all across the country – and abroad – so on the occasions I can travel with him, I am usually the very grateful recipient of a wonderful hotel experience!

One such memory is that of staying at Swinton Park near Ripon, North Yorkshire. After a particularly rough month of June, Ad had last minute job in Yorkshire that involved him being away for two nights. After enquiring if it would be possible to have me join him, and hearing the affirmative, I rushed about trying to organise a day’s leave…Considering that this was Wednesday and we would need to leave on Friday morning, it was no mean feat. But work was kind, and so I was able to join him on what would be one of my greatest hotel experiences ever.

We had thought – as usual – we would be staying in a near by BnB or local hotel. So didn’t think to ask just where exactly we would be housed until the very last minute. Adrian called me back very excited to tell me that I would be staying with him…in a castle!

Check out my travelogue for more on our story!

• Last visit to Ripon: Jun 2004
  • Intro Written Feb 6, 2006

kzngirl

“[Life] a little gleam of time between two eternities - Thomas Carlyle”

Badges & Stats in Ripon