"Hello all!" bisous333's Profile
Hi there I'm a 25 year old originally from London, who loves to explore foreign cultures and speak foreign languages. I want to see as much as of the world as is humanly possible! I'm now living my dream in Paris. I also spent a year living in Lille as part of my university studies- what a great year that was! If you want to know the insider guide on London or Paris I'm here to help! Feel free to ask me about my other destinations too!
When people think that travelling is just about finding a hot destination to collapse on the beach and read a book for a fortnight, I say no. It's not just about relaxing. I mean you can relax anywhere, at home for free. I don't go half the way across the world just to catch up on a good girly mag. I like to explore.
Hence why, I hate going anywhere that ressembles home, because for me going somewhere new, different and exotic is just about that. It serves as an extension to geography class way back when I was in secondary school, learning all about these foreign lands and desperately wishing I could be out of the classroom and actually there, riding a camel's back through the Sahara.
For me travel is about using one's imagination, abandoning procrastination and reaching that destination.
On my recent trip to Zurich, I took a trip to the cinema (when the sun went down and it started to get very cold!) The film I ended up seeing was a complete last minute decision, but it surely was a good one.
The film was called the Bucket List and starred Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, 2 old guys who come from very different backgrounds and different views on life. Their lives come together when they are both put in the same room in the hospital, as cancer patients and a friendship forms as their illnesses bring them together.
The film then takes on a turn that sees the two patients support each other in achieving their dreams and ticking off the items on their 'bucket list' (what they want to accomplish before they 'kick the bucket'). This film is very inspiring, emotional and best of all it shows a lot of the great wonders of the earth. I found it interesting that when people know they have limited time left on earth, they don't just sit down and wait for the inevitable to happen... they TRAVEL!!!
If you had a year to live, what would be on your bucket list???
(If you are interested in knowing more about this film, go to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825232/ )
I'm passionate about people, culture and education. I try to assimilate all of these things in my chosen career path. I currently teach English as a foreign language in Paris, mostly because I love the idea of passing on knowledge to another person and also because I throughly enjoy learning languages myself. To date I have been taught French, German, Italian and Spanish; however they aren't all to the level of my French. My ultimate aim is to use my languages to be able to work cross-culturally.
I also work for 2 NGOs: Secours Catholique and Habitat for Humanity. Humanitarian work is a calling for me, I think I always knew that this was the path I was going to take, but it became more apparent during my university years. My current activities include working at the delegation (regional HQ for Secours Catholique in my area of Ile de France) helping to raise awareness of our work in people's neighbourhoods and lobbying local government. Secours Catholique is the French member of the Caritas Internationalis group. The UK member is Cafod.
Simulataneously, I'm working on a project with Habitat for Humanity, to build homes in Macedonia in August 2008. I'll keep you updated with these projects.
In the mean time, for more info on my Habitat for Humanity mission and to sponsor our mission please check out :
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 56 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- bisous333 and giampiero6 are now friends.
- Commented on Toyin's profile page
- Posted in Travel Monaco Forum "Re: Monaco churches"
- Wrote a Review Walking along Avenue Prado in Marseille Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walking along Avenue Prado"
- created a Marseille Travel Page "Finally reached the South of France"
updated their Profile Page "Hello all!"
PhotosSee All Photos (114)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marseille Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Saint-Malo Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boulogne Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Lille Intro, 6 reviews
- Mont Saint Michel Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos