"Welcome to my homepage !" sakuyaini's Profile
I live a few miles east of San Francisco, and I do think San Francisco is a beautiful city. One of the few cities lucky to have the ocean and hills within the city itself (although the ocean water is cold all year long!). I took this picture as we were passing by this street one day and the sun was setting. The soft rays of the late afternoon sun gave a pinkish hue to the city's skyline. I know this photo is not too original as it can be seen in hundreds of San Francisco postcards but I just had to take the photo myself!
Now this is a typical summer day in San Francisco. Foggy. My friends and I had to drive up higher on the hill so we could be above the fog and get a view of the bridge and the city.
Now, this is my nativeland. I did not grow up in a city, in fact, I spent most of my life in the Philippines in the provice (countryside). We lived for a few years in this little barrio, right across the rice fields in this photo.
Taken in front of our house when some of my relatives came over to visit us. Those 3 little boys are my 3 brothers, not quite little anymore now.
Napawon is several kilometers from one of the major (well, relatively major) towns - the town where I started kindergarten and finished highschool. Transportation (at that time) from the town to the barrio is very limited. Aside from a couple of jeepneys that goes in the mornings and afternoons, we can also take a tricycle (in the picture). You will be amazed at how much people can actually fit in here. ;o)
This is the town where my grandparents live, and where I spent most of my childhood. This is actually my childhood street, right in front of my grandparent's house. This road has gone a long way, as I remember it being an asphalt road with holes here and there. If you notice, you can see a brown patch up on the road - that's "palay" (what the rice is before it's milled) being dried. The palay needs to be dried before farmers can sell them to mill-owners. I would sometimes help sweep the dried "palay" and put them into sacks.
I never knew how much I'd miss them ....
This is the parish church of the town of San Jose, where I grew up and where my family originated, from my great great grandfather all the way to down my father. My aunt took this picture earlier this year.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 32 Reviews
- 181 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- sakuyaini and kiwigal_1 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Turkey Forum "Re: Has anyone taken metro bus..."
- created a Lima Travel Page "Lima"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take the ferry from San Francisco to Tiburon"
- Wrote a Review Go for a hike in South Lake Tahoe Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my homepage !"
- Commented on anpe's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arusha Region Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 4 travelogues
- Glazov Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- California 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Canoa Quebrada Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Foz do Iguaçu Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Province of Camarines Sur Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22457 Reviews - 54961 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2056 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos