"Welcome to my homepage !" sakuyaini's Profile

San Francisco East Bay

I live a few miles east of San Francisco, and I do think San Francisco is a beautiful city. One of the few cities lucky to have the ocean and hills within the city itself (although the ocean water is cold all year long!). I took this picture as we were passing by this street one day and the sun was setting. The soft rays of the late afternoon sun gave a pinkish hue to the city's skyline. I know this photo is not too original as it can be seen in hundreds of San Francisco postcards but I just had to take the photo myself!

A typical summer day in San Francisco

Now this is a typical summer day in San Francisco. Foggy. My friends and I had to drive up higher on the hill so we could be above the fog and get a view of the bridge and the city.

Napawon, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Now, this is my nativeland. I did not grow up in a city, in fact, I spent most of my life in the Philippines in the provice (countryside). We lived for a few years in this little barrio, right across the rice fields in this photo.

My home way back then

Taken in front of our house when some of my relatives came over to visit us. Those 3 little boys are my 3 brothers, not quite little anymore now.

Napawon, Camarines Sur, Philippines

Napawon is several kilometers from one of the major (well, relatively major) towns - the town where I started kindergarten and finished highschool. Transportation (at that time) from the town to the barrio is very limited. Aside from a couple of jeepneys that goes in the mornings and afternoons, we can also take a tricycle (in the picture). You will be amazed at how much people can actually fit in here. ;o)

San Jose, Camarines Sur, Philippines

This is the town where my grandparents live, and where I spent most of my childhood. This is actually my childhood street, right in front of my grandparent's house. This road has gone a long way, as I remember it being an asphalt road with holes here and there. If you notice, you can see a brown patch up on the road - that's "palay" (what the rice is before it's milled) being dried. The palay needs to be dried before farmers can sell them to mill-owners. I would sometimes help sweep the dried "palay" and put them into sacks.

Ocean, mountains, calm breeze, humid air ....

I never knew how much I'd miss them ....

The parish church at my hometown, San Jose

This is the parish church of the town of San Jose, where I grew up and where my family originated, from my great great grandfather all the way to down my father. My aunt took this picture earlier this year.

• Intro Updated May 17, 2008

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM

nice pictures.better word is great,enjoyed it.

• haufca's Profile Photo

Nov 5, 2006 at 3:45 AM

Youve updated! I didnt see it until now, Wow, i love it! Abracos

• moonlighting's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 2:55 AM

Hello. I have Camarines Sur in my mind, I love what I know of the Caramoan Peninsula. I've only been as far as Daet and its sweet pineapples, but Caramoan is in my wish list.

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 3:57 PM

Like your home page photos, Love the range of colour in your San Fran , Vicky houses

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 7:34 PM

Thank you very much for dropping by! Brasil is an extraordinary country indeed, it worth more than one visit. Thanks again and greets from the Patagonia.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2005 at 1:41 PM

Hi! Your homepage is looking really nice! ;-) I hope you are well and you have a great week-end ahead! Greetings & Best Wishes from North Carolina!

• SoccerGirl09's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2005 at 7:45 PM

How was Fortaleza?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!