"Island hopping" Kvarner and Highlands by anatlc
Kvarner and Highlands Travel Guide: 1,196 reviews and 3,218 photos
The area consists of three geographic regions - the Croatian Coast (the coast under the Velebit range), the Kvarner bay islands of Krk, Rab, Losinj and Cres and north-eastern coast of Istria, and the hinterland mountainous region of Gorski Kotar. It also includes the north part of the island of Pag. The seat of administration is the city of Rijeka, which owes its architecture to Hungary whilst the islands are heavily influenced by the Venetians.
There are four major islands protecting the coast of the Gulf of Kvarner: Krk, Cres, Losinj and Rab, and app. 30 smaller islands such as : Unije, Susak, Plavnik, Srakane Velike, Srakane Male, Sv. Grgur and Goli Otok.
anatlc's Related Pages
Kvarner and Highlands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lika, Gorski kotar; croatian highlands"
- "Island hopping"
- "Exhibition on the area in a Turkish world map 1513"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kvarner and Highlands
- Hotels in Kvarner and Highlands
- Transportation in Kvarner and Highlands
- Nightlife in Kvarner and Highlands
- Restaurants in Kvarner and Highlands
- Shopping in Kvarner and Highlands
- Warnings and Dangers in Kvarner and Highlands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kvarner and Highlands
- 8 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kvarner and Highlands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kvarner and Highlands
Photos in Kvarner and HighlandsSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Dublin Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Ireland Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rijeka Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Susak Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Sligo Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Slovenia Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Sintra Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos