"Great place to visit--better place to live!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bremerton by cjcollett

Bremerton Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 155 photos

Bremerton is just a one-hour ferry ride from Seattle, situated on the east side of the Kitsap Penninsula. From here you can travel to the Olympic National Park and the Olympic Rainforest. (Oh, and check out Sequim for the Lavender Festival.) If you don't want to drive that far, check out Illahee State Park--ask anyone, they'll tell you how to get there. There's a $5.00 a day permit if you don't have a State Park permit already but it's a lovely little park with camping, picnic areas, forest trails, and access to the water.

We're home to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and there's a battleship to tour as well as an excellent military museum. Just north of here, in Keyport, there's an impressive Submarine museum.

Stay tuned for a review of Elandan Gardens, a fabulous gift shop and bonsai garden just south of Bremerton in Gorst.

Let me know if you plan to visit Bremerton and I'll tell you all the good places to see, at least until I can get them all listed in the Tips area. I'm holding off until I can get more photos.

• Pros:Friendly people, beautifuly scenery
  • Cons:Just like Seattle, we get our fair share of rain--be prepared
  • Intro Written Jun 1, 2005

cjcollett

“Life is a Journey”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Bremerton

Have you been to Bremerton?

Latest Activity in Bremerton