"The City of Friendly People" Dumaguete City by gypsysoul73
Dumaguete City Travel Guide: 212 reviews and 535 photos
Dumaguete is the capital of Negros Oriental in the Visayas region. Here you will encounter typical southern charm and hospitality, beautiful beaches, fresh seafood.
I love coming to Dumaguete becuase it reminds me of the simple joys of life. Here I can truly relax!
In the main boulevard , you can take an old-fashioned kalesa ride, buy ice cream cones, observe people outside the cafes and restaurants across the street, take moonlit walks, watch boats dock, laze around in the cool sea breeze, take moonlit walks, and most importantly watch the most beautiful sunrise!
Dumsville (as it is fondly called by locals and visitors alike) is a year round scuba destination with it's lush maine life. Not far from the city, one can swim in sparkling clean rivers and falls, trek up mountains, play golf amidst a breathtaking scenery, lounge around in beaches and go whale-watching .
Manang Siony's was a little tocinohan (place that sells tocino or cured pork) two blocks away from our house in... more travel advice
The word inatô means 'to feel at home with' and that's exactly what it felt like dining here. The staff was warm and... more travel advice
gypsysoul73's Related Pages
Dumaguete City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumaguete - City of Gentle People"
- "Went for a few days and spent five months!"
- "Melting Pot"
- "Dumaguete, indeed the City of Gentle People"
- "Dumaguete City as a Hometown"
- "A Tribute to the City of Gentle People"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumaguete City
- Hotels in Dumaguete City
- Transportation in Dumaguete City
- Nightlife in Dumaguete City
- Restaurants in Dumaguete City
- Shopping in Dumaguete City
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumaguete City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dumaguete City
- 6 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Dumaguete City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumaguete City
Photos in Dumaguete CitySee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 17 reviews, 80 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bali Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos
- Province of Ilocos Norte Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos
- Beijing Shi Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues