"The Philippines" Manila by gypsysoul73
Manila Travel Guide: 2,121 reviews and 5,230 photos
The Philippines is a tropical archipelago of 7,107 islands, making it the second largest group of islands (Indonesia being the largest). With this in mind, you can imagine the endless coastlines, coral reefs, mountain ranges, and all the natural beauty it has to offer.
Everywhere around you is evidence of Spanish influence, as the Philippines was a colony of Spain for 300 years: from the language to the food, to the architecture, to religion, just about everything.
Manila, the capital of the Philippines, is quite an unappreciated city. Beyond the smog and traffic, one will find that it has lots to offer. What most tourists appreciate instantly is that English is widely spoken and understood. Next would be the very low cost of living. Your dollars, pounds, euros, yen will go a looooong way, making you feel like royalty almost.
Manila boasts one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world, the Manila Bay sunset . The sight humbles you!
I will do my best to regularly update this page to share with you what I can about Manila and the Philippines, in general so do check in often. :)
Finally, a clean and worthwhile outdoor market in Makati ! The Salcedo Market is only open on Saturdays from 7 am until... more travel advice
gypsysoul73's Related Pages
Manila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Manila!"
- "Manila, love or hate"
- "Capital of the Philippines"
- "Aliwan Fiesta 2011: Ilonggo's Pride and Victory"
- "Love It Or Leave It..."
- "Capital City of the Philippines"
- "IMPREXXION: MANILA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manila
- Hotels in Manila
- Transportation in Manila
- Nightlife in Manila
- Restaurants in Manila
- Shopping in Manila
- Warnings and Dangers in Manila
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manila
- 7 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Manila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manila
Photos in ManilaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 22 reviews, 80 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 17 reviews, 80 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bali Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos
- Province of Ilocos Norte Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos
- Beijing Shi Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues