"THE OKENAGEN SOUTH AND GREAT LITTLE TOWN" Penticton by jhorsfield30
Penticton Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 37 photos
The population of Penticton is 31,100.
Penticton is located in a semi-arid desert region that receives over 2,000 hours of sunshine annually (more than Honolulu!).
The average temperature is 28 C in the summer and 0 C in the winter.
HI-Penticton was built in 1908 as a residence for bank employees and has gone through a number of cosmetic changes. Since then it has been everything from a half way house to an old folk’s home.
The name Penticton stems from Pen-Tak-Tin, a First-Nations Salish word meaning ‘a place to stay forever.’
The Penticton Vees were World Champions of 1955. Chosen to represent Canada in the 1955 World Hockey Tournament in Europe , the Vees went through the series undefeated, shutting out Russia 5-0 in the finals to return the World Cup to Canada . A mural painted on the Elks Lodge one block north of the hostel was completed in November 2000 to commemorate their amazing achievement.
Penticton hosts the Trans Canada Trail and world-class Skaha Bluffs rock climbing area, as well as the Ironman Canada Triathlon, run the last Sunday in August each year.
Within 20 minutes of downtown Penticton is an extinct volcano, Munson Mountain. Today you will find PENTICTON spelled out on it in letters 50 feet high and 30 feet wide.
I was in a bad mood when I arrived here, staying in kelowna and kamloops just before for a few nights, I was overloaded... more travel advice
Charming Caribbean wharfside theme. Spacious and luxurious gaming floor. Real coin and interactive video slot... more travel advice
jhorsfield30's Related Pages
Penticton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penticton = land between lakes"
- "Summers in Penticton..."
- "Penticton...Peaches and beaches"
- "THE OKENAGEN SOUTH AND GREAT LITTLE TOWN"
- "Penticton: A place to live forever..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penticton
- Hotels in Penticton
- Transportation in Penticton
- Restaurants in Penticton
- Warnings and Dangers in Penticton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penticton
- 6 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Penticton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penticton
Photos in PentictonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Squamish Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Shields Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 15 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Greater Manchester Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos