"Porthcawl - My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl by jhorsfield30

Porthcawl Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 281 photos

My Home for some years

I spent a number of years in porthcawl in nottage, having the opportunity to live close to natural countryside, beaches and the fun fair and trecco bay holiday park on my doorstep.
Not alot for younger elements now days in my opinion, however, the amusements of the pavillion, icecream, fair and trecco are still an interest.

Living in trecco bay

I spent some time in trecco bay in a rented caravan and found it to be an invaluable experience and alot of fun, alot of private rented caravans are still available aswell as ones managed by the parkdean holidays booking at reception.
Treccco Bay is the principal caravan park owned by Parkdean holidays in Porthcawl, it is in the suburb of Newton, if walking from Coney Beach, past the fairground, hightide, sandy beach and trecco bay is in front.

my hometown

• Pros:Coney Beach, trecco Bay, Lovely welsh cakes, Rest Bay
  • Cons:Quite expensive to live and to eat.
  • In a nutshell:A nice seaside town with a unique promeade
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2009

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Where exactly is Trecco Bay?

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Hey there Happy happy birthday to you. :-)

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2008 at 5:46 PM

It all sounds fun except the Christmas swim. Yow! Hope you have a great birthday, Jon.

• Tiger_greeneyes's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 12:44 PM

You've got Porthcawl spot on! I used to live here and I hope to return one day, there's nowhere on earth like it - but in a good way!

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 10:50 AM

well, you can ask, but my hometown is really quite quiet, especially today...

• hayward68's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 5:17 AM

Kenfig Nature reserve sounds like a great place for a walk. Nice page on your hometown, lucky you to live in gorgeous Wales.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 3:29 AM

Looks pretty cool. I grew up in a beach town very similar in New Jersey and went to uni in Brighton in my younger days. Cheers.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 5:17 PM

Nice virtual visit to your town. Like to see more pictures. Thanks for stopping by my home page--yep, still have all the pets!!

jhorsfield30 Lives Here!

jhorsfield30

“Life each day as your last!”

Badges & Stats in Porthcawl

Have you been to Porthcawl?

Latest Activity in Porthcawl