"Travel Corner By Jon" jhorsfield30's Profile
I have found in my travels the opportunity and pleasure to speak to individuals and peoples from all over the world. Never Have I met such a range of views, cultures and experience.
Especially the ability to meet the people has to be one of the main points of travelling and a major advantage.
THE PEOPLE MAKE THE TRIP WORTHWHILE.
Even through I sometimes wish I haven't. I believe you have to taste where you travel and even if you pay for it later. Nothing crosses the language barrier quicker than a empty stomach. You can always find a common ground with people by dining together and hopefully sharing the dining experience.
I am a COMPUTER ENGINEER, PERSONAL TRAINER AND CHEF.
I love working with young people teaching them sports, computers and catering skills.
In the past, during travelling on contracts around the UK, I have met a great deal of people and found nothing more invigarating than meeting strangers and forming close friendships that last the rest of your life.
P.S. Anyone with any good curry recipes you are most welcome to email me at any time...
The biggest problem I have when I move to a new area is getting to know the people. Scratching beneath the surface and really understanding the culture and people behind the tourist limelight is both unforgetable and rewarding.
I remember, on visiting Florida and backpacking around the state. There was such a diverse range of people. I joined a local church, did voluntary work and formed relationships at local community centres. I find many people don't stay long enough in one place and can experience travellers burnout.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 248 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- Wrote a Review Great council parks in Littlehampton Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great location and staff"
- created a Littlehampton Travel Page "Littlehampton - Charming coast, fairground, arcade"
- jhorsfield30 and lichinga are now friends.
- Commented on HORSCHECK's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Travel Corner By Jon"
- Posted in Travel Vancouver Forum "RE: Large VT Meet in Vancouver..."
Top 10 Pages
- Squamish Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porthcawl Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Shields Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 15 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Greater Manchester Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos