"Travel Corner By Jon" jhorsfield30's Profile

Travel Broadens the Mind

I have found in my travels the opportunity and pleasure to speak to individuals and peoples from all over the world. Never Have I met such a range of views, cultures and experience.
Especially the ability to meet the people has to be one of the main points of travelling and a major advantage.
THE PEOPLE MAKE THE TRIP WORTHWHILE.

Culinary Delights

Even through I sometimes wish I haven't. I believe you have to taste where you travel and even if you pay for it later. Nothing crosses the language barrier quicker than a empty stomach. You can always find a common ground with people by dining together and hopefully sharing the dining experience.

About ME

I am a COMPUTER ENGINEER, PERSONAL TRAINER AND CHEF.

I love working with young people teaching them sports, computers and catering skills.
In the past, during travelling on contracts around the UK, I have met a great deal of people and found nothing more invigarating than meeting strangers and forming close friendships that last the rest of your life.

P.S. Anyone with any good curry recipes you are most welcome to email me at any time...

BUILDING ROOTS WITH PLACES

The biggest problem I have when I move to a new area is getting to know the people. Scratching beneath the surface and really understanding the culture and people behind the tourist limelight is both unforgetable and rewarding.

I remember, on visiting Florida and backpacking around the state. There was such a diverse range of people. I joined a local church, did voluntary work and formed relationships at local community centres. I find many people don't stay long enough in one place and can experience travellers burnout.

HITTING THE TRAIL

Imaging climbing everest or walking the great wall of china, or doing a pilgramidge of temples.
Well, I have do 1 of those, 2 remaining.. LIFE IS FOR LIVING, SO WHATS STOPPING US!?

• Intro Updated Sep 20, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jhorsfield30's Profile Photo

jhorsfield30

“Life each day as your last!”

Real Name