"A nature break from busy Barcelona" Puigcerdà by mikey_e
Puigcerdà Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 26 photos
Puigcerdà is rather small (only 6000 people live there) but its a fun day trip from Barcelona. The trip is about 3 hours in a rodalies train (only about 6 euro each way) and gives you a great chance to experience a bit of back-country Catalunya without a lot of hassle.
I visited Puigcerdà a couple of weeks before Christmas. The town was done up for the holiday season (more so than Barcelona) and it had a festive feel to the shops and town hall. Given the lack of any holiday decorations in the city (except for the shops looking to sell gifts), this was a welcoming reminder of the season.
Puigcerdà is in the Pyrennees, so it is colder than Barcelona in the winter, but the town in a not that high up and therefore not as cold as, say, Andorra. Then again, for a Canadian, highs of 8 degrees celsius and a bit of snow (only a few centimetres) on the outskirts were hardly a big deal. Winter did provide a great opportunity, however, to see snow scenes on the reservoir north of the town and in the surrounding horse (pottok) farms.
The Puigcerdà-Guils-Puigcerdà circuit is not actually a GR (Grande randonée), but it can be a bit tough, and I will... more travel advice
I didn't exactly plan on staying at the Cerdanya when I made my way up to Puigcerdà. In fact, I don't think that I even... more travel advice
mikey_e's Related Pages
Puigcerdà Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nature break from busy Barcelona"
- "PUIGCERDÀ AND LA TOUR DE CAROL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puigcerdà
- Hotels in Puigcerdà
- Transportation in Puigcerdà
- Restaurants in Puigcerdà
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puigcerdà
- 9 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Puigcerdà?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puigcerdà
Photos in PuigcerdàSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 94 reviews, 390 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 60 reviews, 235 photos
- Toronto Intro, 88 reviews, 184 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 55 reviews, 213 photos
- Quito Intro, 54 reviews, 199 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 63 reviews, 173 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 51 reviews, 175 photos
- Budapest Intro, 47 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Island Intro, 40 reviews, 169 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 39 reviews, 160 photos