"A Town as Sweet as its Most Famous Product" Sulmona by mikey_e
Sulmona Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 52 photos
I came to Sulmona on my way from Pescara, on the Abruzzese coast, en route to L'Aquila. The guidebook I was using had remarkably little on Sulmona, but given that I had a fair amount of time to spare between trains, I decided to look around. The city centre was deserted but a very nice elderly woman (who, remarkably, had relatives in Ottawa) showed me the way to the main square. There is great rennaissance architecture here and, of course, no visitor should miss sulmona sweets - usually almonds covered in a sweet but not too sweet candy. You can buy them in many countries, but of course they taste best fresh!
mikey_e's Related Pages
Sulmona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GRAFFITI ART UNDER THE NEW BRIDGE"
- "A Town as Sweet as its Most Famous Product"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sulmona
- Hotels in Sulmona
- Transportation in Sulmona
- Nightlife in Sulmona
- Restaurants in Sulmona
- Shopping in Sulmona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sulmona
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Sulmona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sulmona
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 94 reviews, 390 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 60 reviews, 235 photos
- Toronto Intro, 88 reviews, 184 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 55 reviews, 213 photos
- Quito Intro, 54 reviews, 199 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 63 reviews, 173 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 51 reviews, 175 photos
- Budapest Intro, 47 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Island Intro, 40 reviews, 169 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 39 reviews, 160 photos