"Wasaga Beach" Wasaga Beach by luke82
Wasaga Beach Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 21 photos
Wasaga Beach is located on Georgian Bay, two hours or so north of Toronto. It is a tourist resort town resembling any coastal tourist destination … with one exception: the water is salt free!
It boasts the world’s longest freshwater beach and attracts thousands of tourists each summer season. There is plenty of accommodation and activities in the surrounding area. The area is very child friendly, but the main beach (beach 1) is geared towards young adults. With many bars, clubs and shops beach 1 is the place to be during the evening!
From relaxing in the sun, to playing some beach volleyball; Wasaga Beach has a lot to offer for every type of traveler looking to head to the beach without traveling to the tropics. :)
The reason for my trip was mainly because of the Beach Volleyball tournament that Wasaga Beach hosts each summer. Teams from Canada and US compete during an intense weekend of play.
The games are fun, competitive and draining. Luckily you can relax in the water between your matches and get re-energized at the beer tent.
- Pros:Freshwater, great sandy beach, nightlife
- Cons:Expensive and a bit crowded
- In a nutshell:Fun in the sun in the great white north!
luke82's Related Pages
Wasaga Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wasaga Beach...Wild and crazy 60's"
- "wasaga beach"
- "Wasage Beach"
- "Trip to Wasaga Beach"
- "Wasaga Beach"
- See All...
- Hotels in Wasaga Beach
- Nightlife in Wasaga Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Wasaga Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wasaga Beach
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wasaga Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wasaga Beach
Top 5 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Lublin Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lindau Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.